When it comes to your plumbing, you don’t want to cut corners. That includes which products you choose! Quality products will ensure that your pipes and plumbing last and require fewer repairs and replacements. Whether you’re planning a DIY project or getting the professionals at Roto Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service to repair or install new plumbing, it’s important to know which brands and materials are best!
Best Materials for Pipes and Fixtures
- Solid brass fixtures: When searching for fixtures like faucets, solid brass is the way to go because it’s rust resistant and resistant to corrosion. Solid brass bodies last the longest and require very little care overall, especially in comparison to brass-coated products, which can corrode once the coating wears away. Make sure the product says “all-brass” instead of “ZMACK” or “brass coated” or something similar.
- Stainless steel: Resistant to corrosion, rust, chemical leaching, and other types of contamination, stainless steel is a great option for pipes and fixtures alike. Stainless steel is also low-maintenance and long-lasting, which means it will require fewer repairs over time.
- PEX piping: PEX tubing is a more flexible and easy to install piping option made of cross-linked polyethylene. It’s more resistant to breakage from freezing than other more rigid materials and can bend and curve around structures without the need for elbows or other transition fittings.
- Copper piping: Copper is one of the most common piping in plumbing due to its superior corrosion resistance and manageability. However, it requires soldering, and therefore is not an ideal DIY material. A plumber can help!
Avoid zinc, which is the metal beneath most brass or chrome coated fittings, because zinc corrodes when in contact with water. Cheap materials like plastic don’t hold up to wear and tear, and will need repair or replacement much sooner than the quality materials listed above.
Best Plumbing Brands
- Moen: With over 25 years in the market, Moen is a reliable brand for your plumbing needs and is available at most home improvement stores.
- Hansgrohe: For those looking for quality products with a modern look, Hansgrohe is the high-end brand of choice.
- Delta: Delta combines thoughtful features with breathtaking designs and is a great option for those looking for quality at a more affordable price.
For more recommendations on products and materials for your plumbing job, contact Roto Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service online or by calling 208-232-2458. We’ll help you with your plumbing project!